Matchmaker.com - Review
Matchmaker.com is a very experienced dating site, running from 1996. When 60% of its members above the age of 30, it appeals to an audience looking for that serious relationship. 3 million members use Matchmaker.com on a weekly basis - 55% women, 45% men. With a rapid growth of 50,000 new members a week, it surely remains very popular within the US and Canada.
- Search tools - Matchmaker.com offers both quick search and advanced search. Advanced search lets you get very specific and is very user friendly. After using the site for a decent time, the quick search tool’s relevance raises dramatically.
- Responsive new dating site - Matchmaker.com have recently published a new version for their website. The new looks feels real good under the fingers. Mobile mode is already provided and is very elegant and easy to use.
- Messaging service - members of Matchmaker.com can send several types of messages. Conversation can be started using a standards message or by liking/ sending a gift. There’s also IM support for more in-depth conversation.
Sign Up Process
Very simple to get going. A couple of clicks and few descriptive words about yourself and you are ready to start.
Matchmaker.com offers just one (full) membership plan. The longer the plan, the more money you save. It is one of the few to offer a 12 months membership.
Pros and Cons
- Great location based search
- Search by keywords
- Good messaging system
- New website supports both mobile and desktop users
- No personality test
- Some of the profiles do not provide enough information
Matchmaker.com is a very popular dating site in the US and Canada. A veteran site with a modern look and feel.
Offers a lot of dating options for people in their 30s.