Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps in North America. Tinder's most recognized trademark is their swiping feature - they were among the first ones to understand how to make an app out of this left/right swipe.
Although very popular, we have found that other dating & hookup apps provide better feature set at a more reasonable price.
Better Than Tinder.com
- Boost - Tinder lets paying users invest money in order to be displayed more to other members. At a cost of 6.99$, you can have a reach of up to X8 more for one hour. SuperBoost is also available if you want to be displayed more to others within the following 3 hours(49.99$).
- Tinder Premium Features - In the cheapest premium package(Tinder Plus, $9.99/month) the basic advanced features are enabled. This will unveil the ability to change your location and to see who liked your profile. For more advanced features(+ better exposure to other members) they offer Gold membership - which we found very expensive when comparing to similar packages in other dating apps.
- Superlikes - a Superlike will get you displayed on the top cards of the swiping deck of that member. In the Tinder Plus plan 5 superlikes/month are received.
Sign Up Process
Signup process is quite easy. Tinder supports connecting your Facebook account - from there it is just 5-10 minutes and you have your profile running.
Besides the industry-common membership types(free/paying), Tinder.com offers 2 advanced premium plans - Gold & Platinum. If you want to try the full features available in Tinder.com, we recommend starting with the cheapest ones as choosing Platinum can be very expensive...
Pros and Cons
- Very popular in the US and Canada
- Good variety of features
- Limited features for non-paying user
- Premium plans are expensive compared to competitors
Tinder.com is an industry leader in the online dating world. It provides great user experience and a huge member base to choose from. While most of the features are opened only for premium users, it still provide some great basic functionality for non-paying users. Premium plans and overall prices are not cheap.